Monday, March 3, 2008

Nanning


I never thought I'd say this but I find myself missing China.....!!! Yes, it was an incredibly hectic, tiresome, trip......Yes, we were emotionally and physically exhausted, but it will go down as a trip of a lifetime, and not just because we were able to bring Isabella home.....! In all my years, I never would have guessed that I would have traveled to China......and, barring our adoption, probably wouldn't have......but, I loved the Guangxi province, and in particular, Nanning.....It was a beautiful city, with great parks, great weather, and friendly people........Beijing, you can take or leave it....too hectic....bustling....too tiresome......Nanning is where we spent a good part of our time.......where we relaxed with the other families...got to interact with our daugther......People ask if we'll ever go back to China, and much as we'd love to, not sure....but, if we ever did go back, would definitely spend most of the time in the Nanning area.....

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

We hold a special place in our hearts for Nanning as well. Maybe we should discuss possibilities of all of us Guanxi Gang traveling in a few years for a return visit.